Monday, March 26, 2007

Running Woes

While I would absolutely love to start off with a positive note - present circumstances forbid it - but I will try to end on one. I have somehow in someway (read - overtraining) injured my calf/hamstring and the road to recovery seems longer than the 26.2 miles I will attempt in January 2008. If you are reading this please pray for a speedy recovery. I tried my usual Sunday trek up Airport Road (very steep) yesterday. The going up was good. I took it easy and only went half way up - knowing I have barely been able to walk over the last 3 weeks or so. Half way down I was praying for someone to drive by (5:30am, not so likely) and save me. So it is back to heat and ice, Ibuprofen (my friend) and praying for divine intervention. I will hit the gym this week and focus on weight training and the elyptical so there will be little stress on the injury(s). Ughh!

Lessons Learned:
1. Know the definition of "over use."
2. Don't push myself so hard (easier said than done)
3. Follow the training schedule. It will save me from this again.
4. God has a purpose in this too.

No comments: