Saturday, April 21, 2007

It is a gray sprinkly Saturday afternoon and I am visiting with my friend at the library - impressing the other patrons with the quick tippy tap of my keystrokes. Giggling at Chris who is isisting that I tell her where katie is running. Isn't she fun.

I have a purpose with my ramblings. It seems I have used every excuse in the book this week not to get out as intended. While, yes, I have had some physical issues (ie pain) I could have (should have) stayed faithful to my weight program. I should have gone to the gym more. I should have walked more (I did go x's 2 - see below), but I have let myself slip back into the pit (for you Beth Moore fans) after a week of clarity and closeness with the Lord. I hate it when I give strongholds any room to grow. And yet - I do.

I am so anxious to run miles upon miles, to climb to ride, to move, to feel the wind and the sun . . . this weeks lesson - now matter what the goal it is still anxiousness - anxiety. God tells us to be anxious for nothing. So I am putting this back at His ever capable feet, and laying this again in His strong, sheltering hands and praying that He shows me the way. It is so easy to be discouraged because I am still struggling with this injury. But then I remember - this is a path God is taking me down. It is His strength that will carry me, not my own. ugh.

Monday and Wednesday
1.5 miles
not even taking time at this point. I am just thankful to be moving.

1 comment:

KB said...

Well AMEN and AMEN, sister. You can do this. WE can do this. Better yet, our Sovereign King can do ANYTHING. I love you! :)